Full Written Review:
iPhone has a pretty decent audio quality but its inbuilt mic is not a condenser microphone i.e. it isn’t designed to pick up sounds with high level of accuracy. It captures a lot of background noise, affecting the quality of your audio. If you want to record professional-quality videos, interviews, podcasts, or just better holiday videos, an external microphone such as the Ttstar Microphone Professional will obviously do a better job.
Ttstar lavalier Microphone Professional for iPhone is omnidirectional i.e. it can pick sounds from all directions, unlike unidirectional microphones that capture audio only from the front. It is a clip-on microphone. The clip is made of metal, so obviously it is expected to last longer than the plastic ones. The best thing about this external microphone for iPhone is that you don’t need to buy a separate apple connector/adapter plug. Plus, you don’t need any batteries to power it. All you need to do is to plug in your phone and use it. It’s that simple!
Please note that it is an external microphone. It only records your audio. You cannot use it for video calling because you can’t hear sounds when it is plugged in.
Key features of Ttstar Microphone Professional for iPhone
- As mentioned above, it is a plug and play accessory. No drivers, no software, or cable adapter needed.
- It is a lavalier microphone i.e. you need to attach it to your body or clothes. No need to hold it.
- Cord length is 6.6ft, giving you the flexibility to move around as you shoot without disturbing the audio quality.
- Can be used for iPhones, iPads, and iPods. Can be used with other equipment that have a lightning plug.
- Weighs just 18 g.
- Comes with a noise reduction feature for better audio recordings.
Many buyers have stated that the audio often gets lots of clicks and pops sounds. The sound is ignorable but obviously distracting. If you want super fine audio quality, you can put your phone on airplane mode to disable the wifi radio.
- Its low price is its biggest selling point.
- The clip is small and tight. Being small it won’t be prominently visible in your videos. Being tight, it won’t fall off.
- Lightweight, portable, and comes with a small carrying bag.
- The noise cancellation feature isn’t as good as a professional lavalier microphone but it is decent enough for shooting casual photos in noisy backgrounds.
- Once you have finished recording, you will have to remove the mic and then watch the video to check its sound quality. The speaker doesn’t work when the microphone is plugged in, which is quite annoying. You will have to unplug it for attending calls too and also for every activity that requires audio output.
Our Rating: 4.5/5
87% of buyers have rated it 4-stars and above. Thousands of buyers have stated that they are very happy with audio recording quality of the Ttstar Microphone Professional for iPhone. Plus, it offers high value for money. We highly recommend it for casual and semi-professional video shoots.
Good audio output is not enough. You need good stabilization as well for shooting casual as well as professional videos. Gimbals are one of the most inexpensive accessories that you can use to add more stability to your videos. If you don’t have one already, we would recommend Hohem 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer. Here is its detailed review.